San Diego Comic Con 2016
Scott Corle, our resident expert on “All-Things-Geek-Culture” attended the San Diego Comic-Con last week. While much of the Hall H trailer debuts grabbed attention, he stayed away from the Great Hall and instead experience the madness inside and out the Convention Hall. He said that he was like any SDCC fan, wishing he could clone himself and be in 6 places at once as there is so much to see and do in those 4 days.
Here are his highlights (photos pictured below):
Samsung & Suicide Squad:
- Samsung took over the Hard Rock Hotel to immerse fans in all things Suicide Squad. As attendees walked into the “Belle Reve prison”, they could try out movie inspired drinks, watch an exclusive virtual reality clip and even design their own temporary tattoos.
Uber & Mr. Robot :
- Mr. Robot teamed up with Uber to bring an exclusive look into Mr. Robot. A Mr. Robot service van would pick you up and lead you to a designated parking lot where you would watch a 12 minute virtual reality clip.
Lyft & Ghostbusters:
- Who wouldn’t want to ride around in an Ecto-1? Ghostbusters teamed up with Lyft to bring 8 custom Ecto-1’s to give Comic-Con attendees a free ride around town!
- Conan came back for his second year at Comic-Con where fans could get the chance to watch one of his 4 nightly shows. Lucky attendees walked away with a free exclusive figure each night that fetches over $100 online.
Adult Swim "On the Green":
- If you needed to take a break from the madness of Hall H, Adult Swim had you covered. Adult Swim set up a carnival area where fans could play games and walk away with exclusive prizes!
- South Park was celebrating its 20th Anniversary and they spared no-expense celebrating at Comic-Con. Attendees could walk around the town of South Park outside of the convention center and get pictures with their favorite characters.
Favorite Cos-play: Someone dressed as Hodor Holding the Door. (tears)